Dogs Community
sick shih tzu

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

sick shih tzu

Our shih Tzu was fine yesterday am. We were with her all day along with our other dog. We took them for a walk around 7:30 p.m. and she acted like she just didn't want to go which is not like her at all. She walked very slow the whole time, again not like her. We sat outside for awhile after returning home and she laid down at our feet the whole time. When we went in the house she could barely walk, couldn't get up the three steps into the house. They are kenneled inside at night. This am she had a hard time getting up and acts like her hind quarters are weak. Carried here out and she did go to the bathroom. We carried her back in. She has not eaten or drank anything all day. When she was about 1 year old she had bladder stones and had surgery to remove them. She has  been on special food for that issue ever since. Any suggestions?
Would be hard to guess what is wrong.  It could be a spinal issue?  I woukd be concerned about her not drinking as it is important she stay hydrated.  Are you sure she is passing urine when she squats to per?  If she seems worse, you might want to take her into the ER Vet.  If not, I suggest you get her into the Vet tomorrow.
I'm thinking spinal, too!! If that's the case, You must hurry...It can be corrected w/proper treatment....It can also get worse without....

These are also poisoning symptoms--Which is an emergency.....

Please come back and let us know what your Vet had to say....Good luck