Dogs Community
signs my dog ate adderall(adderrall)

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

signs my dog ate adderall(adderrall)

Hi there-

My husband take 10mg pills of Vyvanse (Amphetamine salts) for ADHD. He opened the bottle and they spilled and 1 us unaccounted for. I have a 35lb Beagle/Doxi, but thankfully she wasn't in the room when this happened. I already vacuumed the whole place, so I am pretty sure she's okay. I am wondering though, as a precaution, how I would know if she had eaten it. She is acting normally right now, but I am just wondering how I would know if I did need to take her.

That's one of those situations that you need to call your vet about.  I've run into the same sort of thing in the past and our vet (or ER vet after hours) was always wonderful about telling us what symptoms to look for.  

The problem is that with some medications, you have to err on the side of caution and go ahead and have the dog's stomach pumped with charcoal and induce vomiting.  Most household meds aren't a problem for dogs unless they get into a whole bottle.  Depending on the medication, a vet might tell you to wait for symptoms or come in immediately.  Bottom line: always call your vet for advice.  :-)