swollen breast
my dog just gave birth to 2 pups and today i realize that her last two *** are swollen and hard she having problems walking because they are so swollen what causes this?? she is a chihuahua and can it kill her
It sounds to me like she has developed mastitis.  Puppies traditionally find a nipple they like and stick with it.  Since she has eight nipples and only two puppies, that leaves six nipples that are not being nursed on, so the pressure is not being relieved from them.  She does need to be seen by a vet because if she develops an infection, it can affect her milk and make it impossible for her puppies to nurse, which is going to leave you hand-rearing two puppies with a bottle.  Call a vet first thing in the morning and get her in there tomorrow.  It's Christmas Eve, I know, but this is IMPORTANT because obviously nobody is going to have office hours on Christmas Day, unless you pay an arm and a leg and go to an emergency vet, and this could well become that type of emergency situation if you don't get it taken care of right away.  Good luck and please let us know how you made out.  

Ghilly
thank you ill let you know what happens there where no vets open here so i have to wait till friday
Since you can't get a vet until Friday, keep a very close eye on her.  In fact, squeeze the nipples yourself and see what the milk looks like that comes out.  As long as it's white, you're OK, but if there is any blood in the milk, take the puppies off her and start feeding them with a bottle.   Blood in the milk is a sign of infection, and you don't want the puppies nursing from her if she has an infection bad enough to produce blood-streaked milk.  If, because of the holiday, you can't get puppy milk replacer, buy some evaporated milk and use that, but let's keep our fingers crossed that the situation holds out until you can get the mother to a vet on Friday.

Ghilly
i'm ladylyn from philippines i have the same problem with sissydog but the diff is my dog had a red swollen breast i'm afraid to what happen to my dog and her puppy please help me i really don't know what to do please please please...
Is this normal? She was on a diet while pregnant that the vet put her on to help with lactation. When I squeeze most of her nipples, no milk comes out. Two are also very very red and a bit swollen but I think the puppies have just taken a liking to those.

Any advance?

Thanks!
My chi has stopped nursing right at 7 weeks and today her boobs are super full. How do I fix this. I've squeezed them and milk comes out. I'm worried it's going to hurt her
Are the pups not nursing at all?  If they will nurse, let them maybe once a day. She should start to dry up.  If the tears get red, hot and inflamed, you will have to take her to the Vet.