tail tip keeps bleeding
my 3 year old lab has a split tail from wagging, I got it bandaged twice, however, my other dog keeps eating the bandages before it heals, I cant really keep them seperated as they share a kennel in the garden. Any ideas how to stop either of them from chewing the bandages if I get it done again??? many thanks
I had this with a GSD.  I ended up using duct tape after I got it bandaged.

Denise
They call it "Happy Tail" disease.  There might be some ideas for bandaging on the web if you google that term.
Oh my what a problem. I had happy tail on my Catahoula and the vet suggested amputating her tail - oh it was terrible and I have other dogs too but I won by tying her to my metal futon and putting a cone on her so she simply couldn't reach her tail but sharing a kennel is a problem -

I would tie one dog inside the house or on the porch until the tail heals - or buy a portable fence and put one dog inside it - you are going to have to seperate the dogs - of course, you can always pour hot sauce on the bandage and the other dogs might leave it alone - just make sure the sauce doesn't leak onto the other dog's skin.

Best,

Mercy
Here's something I found on the internet--it might work:

"I know that tail wounds are very frustrating and difficult. A solution that has worked for me is to ask your vet for the casing that a 20cc syringe comes in. You can slide this plastic casing over the end of the tail and tape the top to the tail. That way, you can leave the tip open to get some air, and when she wags she won't be hitting it on everything. It sometimes takes quite a bit of tape to get it to stay but works."