Dogs Community
uncontrolled urination?

This forum is for questions and support regarding your pet dogs!

uncontrolled urination?

Our 12 yr old wire-haired dachshund has started occasionally pee-ing without being aware that she is doing it.  She's always been very well house broken and has never done anything like this before.  About once a week we will find her sitting in her own "puddle" and she's really quite unaware of this till we clean her off.  The vet suggested it could be a urinary tract infection and they found one and she's on an antibiotic, but last night in the midst of her taking of the drug, she peed again, unknowingly.  Are there other causes for this kind of "leakage"?
Tags: urination
Could be your Senior dog is old now and the bladder has fell, and you will have to find some more alternative methods to help the situation with keeping the dog clean and surroundings...I am sorry to say that...no one wants to hear that..
Or, the dog could have a urinary tract infection which like humans affects the way the bladder and tract is able to hold content...and you take the antibiotics for that, but, its gonna take time for healing to take its course...I don't beleive it a quick process...
And, the dog gets real stressed out after knowing how to hold and not void, and void with out control, the dog will feel upset, like its done something wrong...and thats a terrible stress for a dog who for years was committed to void in the proper place...very hard on a dog...
My opinion to your question:
age comes incontinence issues, fallen bladder, UTI, injury
Its sad for the little baby to go thru this...
Welcome to dog forum, there are great people here, and scroll down on the right side of page and ask the "ask a vet" Dr. Cheng your concerns...they have great responses..
Good Luck and let us know, keep posting!!!