worried owner ( diarrhea )
hello ,

I have a 4 month old shih tzu and she sometimes gets diarrhea which eventually goes away within two days or one day.  However today morning her stool when she pooped was pretty normal but then I fed her her lunch ( boiled rice and chicken) a few hours later and when she pooped she had diarrhea. I'm the type that worries a lot about anything that she does so I just want to know why this could have happened. Could it be because of the weather ? I live in canada and it's pretty cold today as we got some snow last night and when she was outside in the yard she was shivering. She's not so used to the cold obviously as it's her first winter. Can diarrhea just come suddenly and go away suddenly ?
I read online that weather doesn't affect them in any way.
Hi, have some questions.  First off, has she had a stool check and been deformed with a wormer from your Vet?  If not, you should have that done routinely.  This may be from a parasite issue.
Why ate you feeding chicken and rice? Do not feed chicken skin and, depending on how you are cooking that, there may be too much fat.  At that age, she should be able to be on a good quality of kibble, small bites, for puppies.  You could add rice to that and a little water to moisten.  At her age, it would be best to give her 3-4 smaller meals a day, 3would probably suffice.  
If she is having stool issues, I would hold off on any kind of treats.  If you want to do some training, just use the kibble and tell her "cookie" or "treat" and she will probably think it is something special coming from you.  As for the cold issue, and I don't know your set up, but if you have a patio or garage, you can get some shredded paper or straw and put that down for a potty area.
Good luck and do keep us posted.
hello Margot !

Thanks for helping.

She was dewormed when I got her so I'm guessing that should be fine. I tried giving her kibble when we first bought her home but she didn't seem to like it and wouldn't eat it. She seemed to adapt fine to the raw diet and I do tend to cook the chicken with no skin and no salt in her food and I feed her 3 times a day. however today the same thing happened as yesterday her stool was fine before lunch time then after lunch time I fed her rice and chicken (before seeing your reply) and she had diaherra again. Could it be from the chicken ? because it's weird that her stool was fine then wasn't after eating.

It could be from the chicken. I would still try the kibble route and maybe add some canned pumpkin (not the pie filling), maybe a Tlbs each meal.

Not sure where you got her but could still be a parasite issue.  Has she had a Vet check since you got her? Is she done with her complete series of shots?
If not, she should have a well puppy check up and take a fresh stool sample in with you for analysis.  Not sure if she was really wormed, with what or how many times.
Ill try the kibble as well as the pumpkin.

She has taken all her shots except for the ranies which is still due and I'm taking her for a check up this week  so hopefully ill get everything cleared up

Thanks alot for your help :)
Yes, do try that and do take in a fresh stool sample to get checked.