2 soft markers during 18 weeks pregnancy
Hi, I'm 18 weeks pregnant. There were 2 soft markers found during scan. Echogenic focus in the left ventricle and left renal pelvic in kidneys measuring 5mm. I'm very depressed. I will proceed for 2nd opinion as well. Both me & my husband want this baby. And I already had a rough beginning and ended up with DNC. Any suggestions?.
It's very understandable and normal to feel depressed and anxious when faced with the news we all dread. All I can advise is that you take a deep breath get all the information you need. If both you and your husband want your baby then that's 1 hurdle out of the way. I was absolutely devastated at finding out my baby had Down's. I found out at 11wks, this gave me time to get over the shock and prepare. I'm 4yrs down the road now and my daughter is amazing. She is at main stream school, she is funny, pretty, and bright. She has so many friends and we have a very happy life.
It's not all stress free though. She has had successful cardiac surgery. She has a feeding aversion so is fed via gastostomy, and in January she is having quite complex surgery on her hips. These are all hurdles we come across and deal with, because they are necessary to give her a better quality of life later on. Her feeding is improving.
Everybody has different experiences, I have put my own experience here for you to read but it's in no way meant to sway you either way. Having a child with special needs is very hard work but having child without any additional needs is still very hard work. I hope it all works out for you. Getting the right info and advise is crucial. Good luck