Aggressive behavior
My son is 19 w downs and recently started demonstrating rage.  He is out of character, slapping himself.  When I tried to stop him he repeatedly hit me, bit me, and mocked my crying.  Is this usual in downs syndrome.  Did Texas father ever resolve the issue? If so how?  
Hi!
As children with Down's Syndrome grow, they become aware of their psychological, social, mental limitations. They face ridicule, abuse, taunts in school/college/people around them. This can naturally initiate anger, frustration in them. Also sleep apnea is a common problem in these children, and its quite possible that your son is not getting enough sleep in the right combination of deep sleep/and lee deep one. This can also make her irritable.
I suggest you consult the school/college counselor and try and find out exactly what is happening in school. Also get a complete psychoanalysis and his IQ level tested to see if he can really cope up with his peers, needs special attention in normal school or needs to go to specialized schools. Also he needs to undergo psychoanalysis to rule out any psychological disorder. If all is ruled out, then anger management techniques need to be initiated, he made to feel loved and cared for, and fight against such ridicule in a clam manner. Hope this gives you some insight as to what needs to be done.
Take care!