Baby concerns
When my baby was born, the first few weeks all I think of was that he looked like he had Downs Syndrome. I googled signs and realised he had quite a few i.e eyes and ears, small mouth, low birth weight, single crease on hands etc.
I didn't say anything to my husband but then today my husband asked if there was any possibility our baby had Downs Syndrome. My baby is 6 weeks old - would it not have been picked up by now? He has been checked by doctors (I didn't mention my concerns) and had his hearing tested etc and all was fine. Is it possible to be missed? Would he not have other signs such as not being able to breastfeed not putting on weight etc?

Hope someone can help.

Thank you!!
Hi, I'm sorry that you're having these anxieties. I'm not sure I know the answer but you definately need to get another medical opinion. If your baby does have DS then you need to know sooner rather than later. If your baby does happen to have Down's then you would naturally need a time to adjust and come to terms with the news, either way you won't have the worry of uncertainty. I hope your baby is fine but please know that if he does have DS it's not really that bad! I have the most amazing 4yr old and I wouldn't have her any other way. She is who she is because she has Down's and she has changed my world forever.
I have a friend who is a Dr and she has some markers for Down's so it's not a foregone conclusion that your son has it. Good luck