Down Syndrome Community
Babydiagonsed w/ trisomy 21 down syndrom(syndrome)

This forum is for questions and support regarding Down Syndrome issues such as Dental Problems, Communication Problems, Developmental Disabilities, Hearing Loss, Hypothyroidism, Immune System Problems, Learning Disabilities, Joint Problems, Muscle Weakness, Respiratory Disorders, Seizures, Sleep Apnea, Weight Problems.

FISH results positive for my child. Awaiting amnicestesis results, like it maters at this point. My question is this at this point, the blood work had also showed 1:113 chance basd upon age. Sonagram looked positives., no signs of down syndrome, even better then expected movement and bone developement. Does my child really have down syndrome? Per my doctor she does. 16wks goin on 17wk. Already had misscarrige this year in february. Has anyone ever had results come back positive on FISH and Amnicenteis and have no down syndrome at birth and to adulthood?
1  in 113  is not a sure sign of DS, I was 1 in 20   Your post is not too clear on what has really been declared positive. A DS is a DS at birth, does not develope DS at a later stage.  the extra chromasone  is present at conception.  what is your doctor basing her diagnosis on?  
I would like to know the same thing. I am 39 and my risk was 1 in 10. We found a cleft lip and Atrioventricular Canal Defect (heart) on us Mon. so I went ahead with the amnio. My initial FISH results were positive for Trisomy 21. Haven't gotten the actual results from the amnio yet. They say the test is 99% accuarate and I would like to know the same thing. Anyone had an amnio come out positive but a birth of a normal child? I think Im grasping for straws but it is a lot to accept. I am 6mo pregnant.
i have a beautiful girl who has DS Trisomy 21 she now 5 i wish i had known before she was born so that i could have known more about it ill be honest with u i have 2 other kids and i thought i had gone through it all but i was not prepared for it the best advice i can give you at this point is read all you can ask docters lots of questions look for DS support group DS clinics early intervention schoolprogrames  thearpy but the most important thing of all is love they are such treasures and i would have still wanted to have given birth knowing what i know and knowing her it isnt as bad as is sounds its just a little scary sounding good luck i hope i helped