Daughter With DownSyndrome age 9 hitting and spitting Behavior issues
Hello Looking for some help!! Our daughter who has been in school since she was 3 yrs old. Always pleasant some behavior issues but nothing that stood out. Recently this year, she is 9, doesn't speak yet, she is hitting and spitting and this is MOST directed at me ( Her Mother ) No changes in out household. She is happiest when redirected of course outside with activities but when we come inside she hits me and spits at me and i have other kids to tend to. Alexa DS is the baby of the family. She is truly a joy to be with but her she seems so aggressive toward ne and i just dont understand it. I am so sweet and kind to her .... She never acts this way to her father. When he is home she is fine when he leaves everything falls apart. Ive read about other people with DS ages 17 on up and its seems interesting they attack the mother any reasons why? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your daughter. However, since she does not speak, it would be a bit difficult to understand her behavior. It could be something that’s happening in school (maybe she is being ridiculed) and she vents out her anger on you. It could also be that she is angry with you about something. Maybe, her father could talk to her, ask her to draw out her feelings or indicate by actions what makes her angry. Also, please talk to her teacher and school counselor. Maybe you can get a clue to her problem there. Also, please consult a psychologist. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.