Down Syndrome 1-60
I am 17 weeks pregnant and i was found with high cut off risk factor of down syndrome 1/60.I dont know what it means but my doctor suggestted to get the AMNIOCENTESIS test done.Last week i have undergone by the test. I m in confusion and depressed waiting for the results.What will be the chances for the positive results ? Any suggestions??
don't worry, my son was just diagnosed as having down syndrome because I had an amnio. I had NO RISK. I am only 21 yrs old.

I'm sure all will turn out fine.
I am 36 my risk was 1/21! I did an amnio and it turns out she did not have ds. Those are just RISKs screening tests. Does not mean that the baby Absolutly has ds. The amnio is the only 99 percent way to know for sure before the baby is born
I didn't have any testing done while pregnant...my son was born 5 1/2 weeks early and in the midts of all that...he was dianosed with down syndrome.  Keep in mide that a positive test result doesn't meat a negative outcome.  A child with down syndrom will undoubtedly have challenges and probably some healt issues BUT it's also child filled with love and worthy to BE loved.  If the test comes back positive...see it as an opportunity to learn about down syndrome so you can be more prepared when your baby is born.  A great book that we were given my the genteics department at Children's Hospital is called "Babies with Down Syndrome" A new parents' guide Edited by Karen Stray-Gundersen