Down Syndrome Community
Mosaic Down Syndrome

This forum is for questions and support regarding Down Syndrome issues such as Dental Problems, Communication Problems, Developmental Disabilities, Hearing Loss, Hypothyroidism, Immune System Problems, Learning Disabilities, Joint Problems, Muscle Weakness, Respiratory Disorders, Seizures, Sleep Apnea, Weight Problems.

Mosaic Down Syndrome

You don't hear Much of Mosaic DS,but it still exists. I have a Son with MDS. Reading a Few Questions /Forums about behavioural issues All has to do with Attention and Reminding your child the do's and don't everyday. I would like to know for most parents How did you take the News from your Dr. That your unborn child will have DS. Please be honest. I was not mad or angry I took it like a cup of tea. My husband on the other hand IN DENIAL for years. Our Son is 7 and in 1st grade. I held him back a year so that he can learn more. He can have a tantrum and at times at school be redirected but most of all he is the apple of my eye. I'm pregnant with my 4th Son and he is in love with the idea of being a big brother now that he understands a baby in mommys belly
Our daughter also has MDS.  To be honest I was devastated.  It was how we were told. I was made to believe I was carrying a monster inside of me and was pressured to have a late term abortion.  the dr even offered to induce my labor at 26 weeks thinking it was financial reasons that kept us from aborting her.  Thinking back on that it makes me very angry that we were made to feel that way.  Nobody told us how wonderful she would be and she is so smart and just a doll.