Down Syndrome Community
down syndrome
About This Community:

This forum is for questions and support regarding Down Syndrome issues such as Dental Problems, Communication Problems, Developmental Disabilities, Hearing Loss, Hypothyroidism, Immune System Problems, Learning Disabilities, Joint Problems, Muscle Weakness, Respiratory Disorders, Seizures, Sleep Apnea, Weight Problems.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

down syndrome

Hi. I am 24 yrs old and I have two healthy boys aged 6 & 1. I am currently pregnant again and at 13wks I was told after my 12wk scan and bloods I had a high risk of my baby having down syndrome. But the doctor told me no to worry about a think. Hearing this has broken me. Im blaming myself and what i could and shouldnt have done. Should i be worrying the way i am.
No, absolutely not. Down syndrome just happens. There are 3 types. Two happen when the cells split and multiply, one at the beginning and the other towards the end. And the other type is a genetic carrier, which is super rare. We didn't find out until my son was born. Which I wouldn't have it any other way, he's the best thing that's happened to our family. Now I'm expecting #3 and super excited. Saying don't worry, is like impossible not to. Breath, take one day at a time. Find your local down syndrome support group and see what life with down syndrome is all about. Nothing to be scared of. :-)  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Down Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...