down syndrome
Hi. I am 24 yrs old and I have two healthy boys aged 6 & 1. I am currently pregnant again and at 13wks I was told after my 12wk scan and bloods I had a high risk of my baby having down syndrome. But the doctor told me no to worry about a think. Hearing this has broken me. Im blaming myself and what i could and shouldnt have done. Should i be worrying the way i am.
No, absolutely not. Down syndrome just happens. There are 3 types. Two happen when the cells split and multiply, one at the beginning and the other towards the end. And the other type is a genetic carrier, which is super rare. We didn't find out until my son was born. Which I wouldn't have it any other way, he's the best thing that's happened to our family. Now I'm expecting #3 and super excited. Saying don't worry, is like impossible not to. Breath, take one day at a time. Find your local down syndrome support group and see what life with down syndrome is all about. Nothing to be scared of. :-)