downs syndrome risk 1:327
Hi im feeling a little confused about my nt results and am trying to work out whats pushed my risk up. I am cery scared! Nt 2.8mm papp a 1.96 mom hcg 0.632 mom. I am 14 guessing it was the nt because everywhere I read it says that ds is typically low papp and high hcg? Is it likely with these bloods I could still be carrying a bub with ds? Also I am 32 and bub has a nasal bone.
Hi!
At 32 years the risk of DS is high at 1:700, and should be considered low at 1:327. The hCG in a Down syndrome pregnancy would be greater than 1.0 MoM. In your case it is lower than 1. The PAPP is usually low in DS, in your case it is high. So, overall risk in your case is low. This is just a risk assessment. Confirmation can only be done by more sophisticated tests. Please discuss in detail with your doctor. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.