so sad
My doctor told me my baby is at risk for d.s I have an appt in 5 days to tap the babys fluid i think amino fluid test. Ive already had a break down Im trying to think positive but its so hard when I got my blood work saying this.. can extream stress cause d.s?
I don't think extreme stress can cause down syndrome. It happens at time of conception. What exactly did your doctor say? I just went through this scare myself. My blood tests came back negative, I just had echogenic bowel on my ultrasound. Try not to stress.
Make sure the test they ran is the new T-21 blood test for you. Less invasive than tapping the babies fluid. I know its hard, but then you'll know for sure without further risks to you or baby. Praying everything goes well, and if your baby does have down syndrome like mine, praying it's just as healthy as mine with no heart defects.
Im getting the amino test on the 20th I must know the truth.. god bless you Corn your very strong
My blood work came back positive t18 can this be a mistake being its more rare then t21?
Yes it can be. Research the T-21 test, its a simple blood draw vs. a panel of blood tests they did to determined a risk of down syndrome. I know a preggo mom, they told her the same thing, and when I told her about the new T-21 test, she had her doctor order that day. She went in, had her blood drawn, and got her negative results the next day. She was Thankful because she didn't want to risk going through the amnio if she didn't have to. It's like 98 or 99% accurate from what we've been told in the down syndrome community. Hope this helps.
Trisomy18 is different that Trisomy 21, which is down syndrome.
I will keep you in my prayers. There could have been a mistake is why yours came back positive. I would advice you to take the T21 test or ask your doctor what was the name of the blood test they have already given you bc it could have been the T21 test..mine was. In your conditions if it was me I would have to do the amino just to be certain. Im not trying to devastate you anymore than what you are, but with Trisonomy 18, isn't it like a 50% chance your baby will survive?
Yes! This is why I worry so up set I tried for 8 months for this baby and then I get this bad news.. 1% of birth period has only survied to age 10 just one baby... my odds were 1/270 ive been doing a lot of research and ladys with a higher chance then me had a false negative
Thank you njhandjlh
Your very welcome. My heart goes out to you bc I couldn't imagine finding out this news. I think the best thing to do is get all the tests you can get done to rule this out. Its a very tough time for you. I hope there was just a mistake. :( have you had a ultrasound done?