World Down syndrome Awareness Day 3-21
Just wanted to let everyone know that March 21st every year (03-21) is World Down syndrome Awareness Day.  This date was chosen specifically for Trisomy 21 because the Down syndrome genetic make up is a result of 3 copies of the 21st chromosome (instead of the usual pair).  

How will you be "celebrating" this years date?  

I am hoping that my new publication analogy "Welcome to Our House - An Analogy" will be a hit all over the world.  It is currently on some Down syndrome websites, but will be released on the magazine "Exceptional Parent" 's website for this wonderful day.  The analogy is a colourful metaphor written to give people an idea of what it would be like to find out they were having a child with Down syndrome.  The idea is similar to Emily Perl Kingsly's "Welcome to Holland", but is meant to be a new and refreshing story for today's new parent, and not meant to replace her story.  Hopefully the story educates and encompasses compassion for those who want to know more about Down syndrome.  That is my hope for this special day.

Sandi
It makes perfect sense, to make 3-21 the day to promote Ds awareness... I hadn't heard of Ds Awareness Day before, and I thank you for that information!
My hope is that your wishes for this special day come true!  ~eureka
Happy Down syndrome Awareness Day!!
Same to you Dragon1973!
Thanks Steve!
;)
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Wannabe13 commented on SELF ARTIFICIAL INSEM...
07/14
pertykitty :) Comment
04/14
ss1212 joined this group
Welcome them!
11/13