after delivery
did you ladies have a private room after your baby was born?  i asked my dr and he smiled and said they would do their best.  i had a private room with my first and it was so much easier to work on breastfeeding and such.  plus the poor person next to me wont be disturbed by my pump going every few hours too lol.  
no my son TJ was in the NICU so I didn't have a private room. however my almost 4 month old Mason was in my room and we had a private room. :)  I think it all depends on the availability at your particular hospital. some hospitals are just more crowded than others.
I did, my hospital gave me the option of having a private room as long as they had the room for us.  It was really nice because I also opted for the in room care for our son - so everything that they did (minus the head ultrasound) was done in front of me.  It was so much easier to breastfeed, and do whatever I needed to do, without bothering someone near me.

I certainly recommend getting one if you can.  I think it makes a world of difference, especially if you are sleep deprived!
Sandi
i went on a tour of the maternity floor and the nicu (was fantastic should we need it!) and my dr will get me a private room. if that didnt happen, i can pay a small fee per day to have one.  i know i will do that, my dh can stay with me and my other kids can come visit me often as well.  

on a site i go to some of the other moms were so rude for me wanting a private room.  they said i shouldnt hide my baby away and i should treat her as any other child.  well i have 2 kids and i can say from experience that a private room is not for that, its to share time with my family and not be disturbed by another person and their noise! to have a private bathroom and to not feel i have to be quiet when im pumping during the night (if we have feeding issues)

im so glad you guys have all been so helpful and sweet. i am proud of my dd already and i cant imagine loving a different baby more!!
I never once thought you or anyone else would want a private room to "hide" your baby.  I wanted a private room when I had both of my kids for the same reasons you stated.    
i suppose different people view having a child with down syndrome differently.  i havent had her yet so i can just go by what i feel at this point.  i suppose some feel as though if they do any of those things, maybe they feel guilt i dont know.  im so tired today, im crabby, and i worked my butt off.  can you imagine sharing a room with that after having just had a baby? haha dont think too many would want to share with me hehe
That's crazy!!  Why would anyone make you think you were hiding??  That's not the reason at all like have 2 kids said.  It was for bonding, peace and quiet, having your family close, and not disturbing anyone else!  Some people I suppose have some silly ideas... Well, like I said, I loved having a room all to our selves, I didn't have to worry when I had family and friends coming to visit, and my Hubby stayed with me in my room all 5 days.  He used the shower in my room, and slept on the pull out couch/bed.  I had a bad recovery with my C-section due to some excruciating sciatic pain, so I had to stay an extra 3 days because my back nerves wouldn't allow me to walk.  This was an extra bonus to having a private room, I could cry and sort of scream in pain and not worry about disturbing anyone sleeping next to me.
Sandi  :)
Pertykitty~ I'm like Sandi (dragon) I had to stay a total of 4 days and was on a Dilaudid pump for a night due to excruciating back pain along w/my csection. my first night was tough because I was in a room by myself with Mason and the nurse did NOT want to help. he started choking on some mucus and I had to get up (about 8 hrs after my csection w/a foley cath in my bladder) and grab the suction bulb and suction him out. it hurt so badly. I wish my nurse was willing to help more but nope. they don't have a nursery anymore there and keep the babies in the mom's room and will only take baby for a feeding that's it. I too was able to cry without disturbing anyone else.
im so sorry to hear you had such a bad experience.  when we had our tour of the maternity floor and nicu, the nurses are just fabulous!! i feel very relaxed to be in their care.  several of the nurses are also lactation consults, and that made me so happy since im a breastfeeding mama.  

im sure i will have a breakdown moment of tears, happy or sad.  to do that without strangers will be nice.  plus you know that gas you get after your c? haha say no more!!
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Wannabe13 commented on SELF ARTIFICIAL INSEM...
07/14
pertykitty :) Comment
04/14
ss1212 joined this group
Welcome them!
11/13