Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
Brain feels loose in skull

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

Brain feels loose in skull

Is there anyone else here who feels like their brain is loose in the head and sort of moves in the skull when jumping or moving the head rapidly. It hurts when I jump. Anyone here who also experience this?
I'm sorry, can you refresh my memory? What type of dysautonomia have you been diagnosed with? What other diagnoses do you have? What treatment are you on?

I think it highly unlikely that the sensation you describe is directly caused by dysautonomia, as I've never heard that described in talking to hundreds of dysautonomia patients. However, your best bet is of course to run it past your autonomic doc.
Hi!
Thanks for answering.
I have bradycardia and borderline POTS.
Best regards!
Are you taking an SSRI for your POTS? I've occasionally heard of odd head sensations from SSRI treatment, especially from dosage changes or withdrawal symptoms.
Interesting that you say that. I have read that too. But no, I don't take any meds yet. I am still under evaluation. Maybe there is something wrong with my serotonin levels then? I am quite Clueless and the doctors seem quite Clueless too, unfortunately.
By the way, is it common with headache/head pain in POTS patients at all? Do you know that?