Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
Chiropractor - Orthostatic Hypotension

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

Chiropractor - Orthostatic Hypotension

Has anyone seen a chiropractor for orthostatic hypotension?  I have had a sore spot around my spin in the base of my neck since my symptoms (lightheadedness and blurred vision) started in December.  My husband massages my neck when it gets really tight, and has noticed a popping feeling lately.  I have also felt it when I message it.  I have never been to a chiropractor, and haven’t felt comfortable with it, but someone highly recommended a local doctor.  Since the autonomic nerves pass through the neck (at least that is my understanding), I am wondering if that could be the cause of my symptoms.
I haven't been there for my P.O.T.S..  

I'd be wary of going to a chiropractor about your neck, given your symptoms.  I have a parent who had a TIA and going to a chiropractor is contraindicated because their chiropractic treatment could potentially cause a stroke.  Have you had an MRI of your neck done?  If you've had pics taken of your neck, all looks well, and if you are a low risk for TIA and stroke, you might call the chiropractor's office and ask if they do treatment that helps with orthostatic hypotension.
I had an MRI done a few months ago and the only thing found was a fusion of my C2 and C3 vertebrae.  I have an appointment for Friday with the chiropractor just to see what she has to say.  She works with nutrition, and also has massage therapists on staff.  I can really use a massage right now.

I will keep your advise in mind, and think carefully before agreeing to an adjustments.
Did you have a fusion surgery in yourneck?  What did the chiropractor office say when (if) you told them about the fusion in your neck when you set up your appointment?  I would think a chiropractor would not want to touch your neck with a fusion like that as far as adjustments go.

Let me know how it goes?
I have mild scoliosis, which from what I understand is connected to the vertebrae fusion.  It appears to be something I was born with, and I have been told it is nothing to be concerned about by my doctors.  

The person I spoke with just took basic information, so I will be taking all of my records with me for the chiropractor to review.