Compression Stockings (again!)
After wearing 30-40 mm compression stockings for a while and being very disappointed, I thought I'd be bold and try out the 40-50 mm thigh-highs.  Don't know if I have the guts (or hand strength) for the 50-60s!  However, after more than 2 months of wearing, I have to say the 40-50s make a noticable difference.  I can get off the couch without feeling like I'll pass out.  My house is a split level, and I can now usually walk up two half-flights of stairs without passing out or having tachycardia at the top.  I'm also able to walk farther and longer before the blood suddenly starts draining to the feet.  Since my cardiologist is always telling me exercise is important, I figure this is a good thing.  I've had a clear increase in the length of time I can exercise before my heart starts going all tachy on me.

In addition, I changed brands this time to Sigvaris, and the stockings have retained compression much longer than previous brands.  Also, the stockings are shaped at the calves and thighs, which seems to make them stay in place much better.  Thought I'd pass this on in case it's helpful to anyone else.  
As always, thank you for this valuable information!  Have you had much trouble getting them on?  There are some days I just want to fall asleep immediately after my struggle to get them on!  Do you happen to have any further recommendations?