Coughing spells?
I have recently been dx'd with dysautonomia/POTS.. I've had issues for the past 2 yrs but in Aug of this year it seemed to have peaked for me and incapacitated me. I'm seeing a specialist but that's about once a year now and i'm still discovering new symptoms. To try to make this story shorter, I've noticed having pretty intense coughing spells that don't seem to be brought on by anything specific. It'll last for about an hour or so and sounds/feels as though i have a nice case of bronchitis then goes away just as sudden as it came leaving only a sore chest and throat. Just wondering if anyone else with this has experienced this and may have any tips on how to help it when it starts up? Thanks!
Can you tell if the coughing is spurred on by something "throaty" or something deeper like your lungs?  (I can't think of a good way to ask that, but I hope you know what I mean.  You know, sometimes you cough and cough because there's a "tickle" in your throat that just won't quit, and other times it seems more of a bronchial or lung thing like when you have mucous in your lungs?)  Does the cough sound dry or wet?  

I went through a few different cough issues, but they've been from different reasons, and I'm hoping with more feedback I can give more helpful suggestions on what the likely culprit(s) may be and what actions you may want to take so far as stuff to try yourself or contacting your doc.