Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
DIZZINESS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

DIZZINESS

My husband gets really dizzy when he stands up from sitting--if he stands up too fast.  He's had an echo and stress test and the heart is really good and valves are closing good.  He had tilt table test and the b/p dropped just a little but when the test was done and they were moving the table back down, they moved it too fast and that's when he got dizzy.

The doctor who did the test said everything looked good on that.

So my question is this:  they were going to do the arterie test on his neck when they did the tilt table test but I guess they decided not to do it.  Is that possibly because the table test was fine?  The doctor said this test shows whether the nerves are working properly for the blood flow from heart to brain and it was.

The Cardiologist was going to have them do the arterie test just to make sure.  But does this possibly mean that everything might be ok and not have carotid arteries in the neck causing the dizziness?