Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
Does anyone take metoprolol er for Postural orthostatic tachycardia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

Did the medication help relieve your symptoms. I debating whether I should try it. My high heart rate is very uncomfortable somedays especially when I have to leave the house to run errands.
I took it many years ago when I was diagnosed with POTS. It will help with your high heart rate but doesn't address all of the widely varied symptoms of POTS. There tends to be a split in patients with autonomic disorders: some get symptom improvement when the heart rate is lowered whilst others actually feel worse without the compensatory high heart rate. You unfortunately won't know which camp you're in without trying the medicine. It is a good first medicine to try for POTS patients.
I took it when I was pregnant and it helped a lot but now that I've relapsed without being pregnant it made my POTS symptoms much worse and it took my cardiologist a year before he sent me to an electrophysiologist that prescribed propranolol 10mg twice a day and I've been taking it for 4 months now and I can say that it keeps almost all of my POTS symptoms at bay except for the digestive issues.