Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
Does this sound like dysautonomia?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

Does this sound like dysautonomia?

I have been complaining to my pcp,  and cardiologist for about 4-5 years about activity intolerance, shortness of breath and fatigue, and inability to stand elevated temperatures.  My heart rate goes up, feel out of breath just from walking up 1 flight of stairs, walking on any kind of incline, kneeling down and getting up, etc.  I have a history of MVP and SVT and had 2 cardiac ablations 4 years ago.  I was already having these symptoms before the ablations.  Currently on Inderal.  I mentioned Dysautomonia to my cardio. last visit and he said he could order a tilt table test to rule it out.  What kind of symptoms does everyone else have and does this sound like it could be.  I am a 43 yr. old female.  I would appreciate your response.  Thank you.
I recommend the tilt table test to get diagnosed with a form of dysautonomia, I have horrible symptoms as well like tingling in my head, back and arms, fast heart rate, shortness of breathe, lightheadedness, also I get this feeling as if somethings pushing against my head, brain fog (confusion), swollen legs, and purple feet. I also have other symptoms as well like loss of appetite and difficulty sleeping.

I probably have other symptoms as well but those are the important ones. The tilt table test isn't pretty though, its a test where they strap you to a table and monitor blood pressure and heart rate. Its scary and painful but it may be the only way to get a diagnosis. I've been diagnosed though more than a year ago and suffering for 2 years and still haven't gotten a good treatment... I have yet to get help hopefully the doctor I'm seeing soon will be better than the other doctors. Also I've tried all treatments almost except most medications, but one of them made me worse.
Thanks for the reply.  I checked out info on the test when he first mentioned about ordering it and it does sound frightening.  I also have had chronic swelling of my feet and ankles, worse in warm weather but have all year round and feet get purplish in color at times and def. have brain fog but was contributing that to thyroid issues.  What kind of treatment have you tried, and are you able to exercise to any great extent, do you have trouble going up stairs?
Hi and welcome to our community!

Dysautonomia can cause the symptoms you are experiencing and a Tilt Table test is the gold standard for ruling in/out a diagnosis.  Below is a link to one of our health pages here giving a list of many of the symptoms patients may experience:

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Neurological-Disorders/Autonomic-Dysfunction-FAQ/show/181?cid=196

Although, there are other conditions that can cause similiar symptoms.  What testing have you had done so far?

Sorry, I just re-read your post and I missed that you have MVP.  What symptoms do you get from this?  

I am not to hot on this subject, but there are others here who are, but as I am aware you can have Mitral Valve Prolapse that will not cause to many problems or you can have Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome, that causes dysautonomia symptoms.  
Thanks for reply.  Symptoms other than described in first post are skipped beats and occ. chest pain.  Had cardiac cath. and VQ scan of lungs, echo, ekg and cardiac stress test all within normal limits.  I basically just feel like my body can't tolerate any type of exertion without responding negatively.  I will check out above link.  Thanks.