Dysautonomia & Getting a GED?
Hey! I was wondering how other people have handle(ed) dysautonomia and being in High School... I'm kinda far behind, and have been thinking of just getting my GED due to all of my health issues. Has anyone had any experience doing this, or is a GED a totally bad idea???

Thanks for your thoughts!
My son is a senior this year and has not attended a 'brick and mortar' school since the middle of 8th grade(with the exception of 6 weeks his sophomore year).  His school has been extremely helpful to make sure he gets the education he deserves.  

Do you attend school at all? or are you on the homebound program?  My son takes 3 classes with a homebound teacher and he takes 3 classes on line.  He did on line classses over the last two summers to catch up and get ahead.  Are on line classes available to you?

Christy
Hey! I did attend traditional high school for awhile, but it was just exausting... I tried the online thing for awhile, but my cognitive issues made it hard to log on that long every day. I'm currently doing a more flexible homebound/online thing - but I'm not learning much.

I personally feel like a GED is the way to go... for me at least. The other options (all awesome) haven't worked out for me. I have just been curious to know if anyone else has done it.

Thank you SO much for the help, I really appreciate the input! You rock, and I wish your son well. :D
I don't know of any of our community members who have gone the GED route, but I'm going to reach out to some other resources and see if I can find anyone for you. I'll post back here if I do.

I do have a close friend who went the GED route due to a completely different health problem and it worked out well for her, *except* for the cost of it. She ended up completing all the coursework and still owing several hundred dollars to actually get the certificate for her GED at the end, so now it's kind of like her GED is being held "hostage" until she comes up with the money. I have no idea how funding for that works, though; it may be that she only had to pay out of pocket because she was returning to school after a hiatus. Maybe yours is fully funded because you're still school age?

Hopefully I'll find more information and be able to pass it on to you. Either way, whatever you feel works for you, keep persisting and get through high school no matter what it takes!

-Heiferly.
i went to a christian school with a class if like 20 so it really help to have my teacher really no me so maybe you could get someone who is good and school and help you.
OTA
Contact your school district's disability office or your school's guidance counselor.  They should be able to make accommodations that would allow you to still get your degree from your high school.  I'm not an expert in disability law, but I believe they're actually _required_ to make accommodations for you.  It will probably required getting your doctor(s) involved, but it should be more of a paperwork fight than anything else.

I'll be completely honest and say the business world views GEDs as beneath a high school degree.  You put in the effort, you deserve the reward.