Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
Dysautonomia Tinnitus and Auditory Hallucinations

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

Is there a correllation with dysautonomia and hearing my thoughts?  I hear them or what sounds like whisper more before I go to bed.  I have very loud tinnitus, seizures and super sensitivity to sound.   My concern is that I have lost it.
I believe tinnitus can come with pre-syncope, but have not heard about hearing thoughts before.  That would be a question I'd be interested in learning the answer to.  Have you gone to a dysautonomia specialist about this question?
When I have ringing in my ears my brain does a matrixing thing where any white noise I hear becomes music. I can change the music by thinking it. It's usually complex classical type music (I do not really like classical music). Anyhow I can make certain phrases in the melody repeat if I try or sometimes change songs or tempo. I think this kind of thing is totally normal and also, when you've actually lost it, you will not be wondering if you've lost it. Since your thoughts control the sounds this is more of a illusion rather that hallucination. Try thinking in pictures instead of words. I'm wondering, when you are hearing your thoughts, do you also think, "huh, that's odd." And then that is whispered as well? Or are the thoughts that are witnessing the whispers never spoken? And if the latter circumstance is true, who are you really? The thinker, the speaker or the witness?