Help a friend
My friend Gretchen has autonomic dysunction.  She has had it for a few years.  She is getting worse.  None of the doctors in this area have helped her or know much about this problem.  She is constantly dizzy.  Has fallen numerous times.  Now she is having black out spells.  She isn't able to travel very far.  I am trying to find a doctor in the Tampa, Florida area, that might be able to help her.  If anyone know or has heard of a doctor in this area, Please let me know.  thank you
wildas
AMO
hi wildas,

i am sorry to hear youuur freinds is not well. i don't have any leads for you for where to find help, but if she ha snot seen electrophysiologist , that is a good idea.
The university hospitals might be good since there are good teams of doctorss she needs.
YOurare a good freind to help gretchen.  i hope she can find someone soon
take care , amo
You might check with Tonyad, who is in this group and lives in FL. I can't remember where she is getting treatment.

I agree with Amo, you are a good friend!  It can be overwhelming to sort all this out when you are sick.
Hello! I am in Clearwater and saw a local doctor whose answer was not what I had hoped so I won't name them (all I got for my time was that yes I do have POTS and nothing works so try going to Vanderbilt in TN...)
Tonyad does know of a doctor in Ocala, I would send her a message (i don't think we can post the information in the forum areas)
If you don't get an answer I have the doctors information but have not seen them yet...
I have autoimmune autonomic neuropathy and I live in Tampa.  My cardiologist is Dr. Sayad at the Florida Cardiovascular Center.  I have to say that I ended up traveling to Mayo and Vanderbilt for specific diagnosis and treatment plan, but he has been excellent in following through. My neurologist is Michael Hoffman at USF.
You can post the name and contact information for doctors if that's what you weren't sure of ... it's email addresses that are blocked from the forum.  Phone numbers are blocked as well, I believe, but you can either just post the name and address of the doctor and people can Google for the rest themselves, or you can Google the doctor by the info you have and post the URL to the online listing for the doctor which will have the doc's contact info including phone number.  

For example, if I want to give contact information for Dr. Blair Grubb, I Google "Dr. Blair Grubb Toledo Ohio."  When choosing URLs to give Drs.' contact info out, I usually pick either the healthgrades listing—which will have their office address and phone number as well as useful information such as which insurance they take, etc.—or the Google Maps listing (also has extensive information).

http://www.healthgrades.com/directory_search/physician/profiles/dr-md-reports/dr-blair-grubb-md-4a6f177e

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?cid=4917926594029655382&q=Dr.+Blair+Grubb+3065+Arlington+Avenue+Toledo,+OH+43614&gl=us&view=feature&mcsrc=details&num=30&start=0&ved=0CEgQtQU&sa=X&ei=SjoxTOiRKZKMygSCn8zXCA

I hope that clarifies things a bit,
-Heiferly.