Aa
A
A
Close
881165 tn?1265988188
How often do you pass out?
There's such a range of symptoms and severity with dysautonomia.  I thought this might give us an idea of how many people are in a similar situation.  Unfortunately, there aren't enough answer choices, so please comment below.  How often do you experience syncope?

1. Never or only 1-2 times

2. At least once a month

3. At least once a week

4. At least once a day
Cancel
9 Answers
Page 1 of 1
881165 tn?1265988188
Well, heck, I forgot to say "On average", because I know it really varies for some people.  And yes, my response is at least once a day, after every known treatment out there.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
726204 tn?1285879778
I have never actually passed out but have the feeling I am going to on a daily basis...like today I have been really unwell.  Every 5 mins I feel like i'm about to pass out but I don't!!!  and my BP is within normal range!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Not fully in quite some time.  Just 2 or 3 times in lifetime.  Although nothing was done medically and nobody made anything of it... I think I self-taught avoidance behaviors after those first few times since I'm not overly prone... just on the edge (near syncope is quite frequent at times).
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
On average I usually do it about once a week. But I also agree with evo.  Most of the time I just feel kind of loopy.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I come close frequently but never have passed out.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
967168 tn?1477588089
mine on average was about 1 time a month...getting better though because I started midodrine 1 mth ago and haven't passed out totally yet - just pre-syncope and some dizziness

is a normal part of complete syncope to have no palpable pulse? I'm just wondering since they put that on my tilt test and I don't remember passing out completely but I had no clue I passed out either; it just happened and then I woke up and had my feet up on the table
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
881165 tn?1265988188
Not too many people lose their pulse or are asystole during a tilt test, but there are some of us.  I generally know I'm going to pass out, but not during tilt tests.  In fact, I apparently have conversations with the techs that I totally don't remember, and then my heart just stops.  I think it's probably different for everyone.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
967168 tn?1477588089
Thanks :)  I know each time I pass out or pre-syncope is different, which I find weird.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I was having pre-syncope several times a day up until 2 months ago. I was diagnosed with POTS, but nobody ever told me to stop smoking. So, I quit on my own, and though still very fatigued with low BP, the near syncope has all but vanished. I'm pretty proud of myself. I consider this just another step in the "getting better" from POTS process.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community Resources