Is it true that most teens outgrow POTS?
My 15 year old son has been suffering for almost 3 years now with nausea, pain, seating and fatigue. He is on Promatine, a beat-blocker and lexapro. This is the newest round of trtmt. He is not in school and wasnt last year as well. We both cant remember the last time he felt well. We are told that he will outgrow this nightmare. Is that true? Also, any suggestions would be most helpful.
THANK YOU
MICH333
It really depends on what's causing it.  I started having symptoms in college (technically not a teen) and my doctors said they wouldn't treat or do any testing because it would just go away.  About a decade later, mine has not gone away.  It has gotten much worse.  However, some kids do outgrow it.  I don't know if there are any good measures of who will improve and who won't.  Hopefully others on the forum will have some input for you.
My son is 14 and has not been to school since February, and missed quite a lot before that.  I read that 80% of teens will outgrow it by their early 20's.  We are currently in Cleveland right now having tests done and looking for a new treatment plan.  The doctor is hopeful that she can give him back some quality of life.