Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
Joint Pain with florinef

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

Joint Pain with florinef

About 9 hours after my daughters first dose of florinef she started complain of joint pain in her knees.  She says it hurts to walk.  I'm putting in call to the cardiologist but do I stop giving it to her?

Thanks,
Lisa
I would try to get through to the cardiologist on call if you haven't heard back.  If there isn't a number/connection for an on-call service when you call the cardiologist's office, you may try calling the hospital with which your daughter's cardiologist is affiliated and explain to them that you can't get a hold of your daughter's cardio, have an urgent question about side effects of a new medication and whether to discontinue the med, and need to speak with the cardiologist on call.  They should be able to page the cardiologist on call in the hospital for you and have them call you back (should be in 30 minutes or less in most cases).  

As a last resort you could try calling a 24-hour pharmacy if it's after-hours and you just want to ask if it's safe to suddenly discontinue the med after X amount of doses/X number of days on it.  They may be able to answer that for you, as pharmacists are pretty knowledgable about the effects of various meds and what needs tapering and what doesn't, etc.