Looking for Doctor
I live in upstate NY and am looking for a doctor who specializes in autonomic disorders.  I was diagnosed with POTS (2001), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome(2001), and Fibromyalgia (1998).  My CFS/FMS specialist just retired.  I would like to get a more extensive evaluation of my POTS, including whether I have the hyperadrenergic type, or if my POTS is secondary to joint hypermobility syndrome....  

Can anyone recommend a doctor in NY, Massachusetts, or Pennsylvania area?  I have heard very good things about Dr. Blair Grubb in Toledo, Ohio and also Vanderbilt but am hoping for someone closer.  Also worried that the waiting list will be long to see Dr. Grubb or Vanderbilt...

Thanks for your help!  

Laura
Hi Laura, there is a list of physicians (by state) on www.dinet.org.  That might be a good start for you.
I am so sorry for what you are going through.  I was diagnosed with POTS 3 months ago after being sick for almost 3 years.  I actually went to school upstate NY in Oneonta and have had dozens of trips to the ER and no one could figure out what was wrong with me!!  I came back home to L.I. after graduation and was finally diagnosed with POTS and possible Lyme.  I too am looking into autonomic specialists and belong to the DINET forum.  A lot of people go to Vanderbilt Universaity or MayoClinic in Minnesota...but I think NYC is our best option!!!