Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
Looking for Dr. who treats POTS in Illinois

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

I am looking for a Dr. who treats POTS in Illinois. My daughter was diagnosed with POTS at Mayo Clinic in MN several years ago. She has been to one Dr. in Chicago who is supposed to be a specialist in POTS. This Dr. was no help at all. My daughter has seen numerous Dr.'s and it blows my mind that they either do not know what POTS is or think that it is simply a condition that happens only upon rising. Nobody understands that this is a whole body 24 hour a day condition. She needs help. If anyone can offer some, please let me know.
Where in Illinois are you?  We are in St Louis, and there is a POTS specialist here.  He used to work in Cleveland with the doctors we had been seeing there.  

Christy
I am going for testing with my new neuro tomorrow. I know he specailizes in Autonomic Dysfunction because my other neuro sent me to him for that. I will ask him if he also is familiar with Pots. He is in Peoria. I will post again tomorrow after talking to him.
I inquired from my neuro yesturday for you about a Dr that treated for Pots in Illinois. The Dr that he had in mind had left Heart Care when he went to get the info but he brought back two other names and he said they both do tilt table work and that you could contact them and find out what they specifically work with. one is Dr Scarmiento and the other is Dr Bauemfeind. I hope those are spelled correctly my Dr writes like a Dr and his writing is hard to deciper. I hope this helps you. Both of these Drs are located in Peoria. Good luck.
I have POTS and live in Peoria.  Who is the name of your neuro?  I didn't think there were anyone in Peoria that works with POTS patients.  Any information would be most helpful as I moved from Texas and I haven not had treatment since.
Dr.Alexandru Barboi is a neurologist who treats dsyautonomia/POTS.  He has been at Rush in Chicago since July (fornerly at Froedtert in Milwaukee) and is just about to open the autonomic testing center at Rush.  I can attest that he is extremely knowledgeable and very kind.  He is excellent with follow up as well.
Thank you for this information.  We are moving from CA to IL and we have fantastic doctors here and was getting nervous about Chicago.  The barometric pressure in Chicago scares me as well.  My 13 year old does not do well with changes.  
Has anyone gone to dr. Miller at Lutheran General in Park Ridge? If so please PM with opinions. I have an appointment with him on Friday so I will let you know of I like him, for those of you in this area that is :)
THANKS FOR THE DOC NAME. I THINK I HAVE POTS!! I have been on a ton of blogs and seem to think this may be what im suffering from.
I am very close to there & would be interested in knowing more abt him too and what other drs u see. I just found this site & don't know how to use it yet.
I used to see dr Barboi in WI. I've had Dysautonomia a long time. At first, I thought he was smart & efficient but as time went by, I realized he did nothing for me...I mean nothing. Which Rush location is his clinic. I'd consider trying again. Does he have others working with him, like an EP?
Hi Chirsty! I know this is an old post but I recently moved to Illinois and am only a hour from st. Louis and would love to know who the POTS doctor is in St. Louis. Thank you so much! I am currently a patient at Cleveland Clinic but my doctor retired recently and the new doctor is not helping me with my POTS symptoms anymore. I feel like I was pushed off on him after Dr. Fouad (who was AMAZING) retired and Dr.Jaeger or his nurse doesn't have time to deal with me.... So I'm looking for someone new who is closer to where we live.

Thanks!
Sorry for the delay, I just saw this post.  Dr Laurence Kinsella is at St Clare Hospital in Fenton, MO.  He is very good and well versed with autonomic issues.

Christy
Dr. Balbio left Rush June 2014. Where is he? Someone must know!
BALBOI, I meant to type