Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
Nerve/Muscle Twitching

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

Nerve/Muscle Twitching

I have had POTS for over 10 years.  I of my symptoms that I have had off and on for years is twitching especially in my face (around my eyes and mouth). It always happens when I am dizzy and off balance.  The twitching is visible and my eyes visibly jerk.  During this time sleeping is hard because I usually have to put something over my face.  My doctor doesn't believe it has to do with the POTS but I have spoken to many others who say they have twitching also.  My doctor wants me to go to a neurologists...but to be honest I have been there and done that with no real results.  The question I have- does anyone else have this problem and if so what is the reason and what have you found is a solution????  I have seen maybe magnesium or potassium.  I
Hi I have a tenative diagnosis of POTS for the past almost 4 years now... I have the eye twitch or random muscle twitches... I have always had it when I am stressed so I never thought about it being part of my autonomic dysfunction, but I guess it could be, it is really annoying!