Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
POTS, low grade fevers
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

POTS, low grade fevers

So great to read other people's posts and realized I'm not alone on this bizarre journey. I'm a 40 year old female who was diagnosed with POTS last year after the tilt table test. Up until that time, my symptoms had been dizziness, low BP, low pulse rate, nausea. Additionally, I was dealing with erosive gastritis and have had elevated ANA titers (non-specific), elevated total IgM count, monoclonal gammopathy of undetermined significance, a slightly elevated alpha-fetoprotein (AFP). And that just begins to scratch the surface. I too began developing sudden onset low grade fevers (up to 99.4) and flushing. Currently I'm waiting to hear about my 24 hour urine test to rule out carcinoid tumor because - following surgery to remove fibroids 8 weeks ago - I began to have episodes of elevated BP and tachycardia. Oy. I'm sure many of you can related to feeling miserable, not knowing when you are going to have a good day, and struggling with anxiety as you "watch and wait" for the next symptom or diagnosis. It's been really hard and definitely takes a toll on relationships and participation in everyday life. How do you all do i
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Yes, you should definitely check for tumors. Don't forget to check for pheocromocytoma as well.

Good luck!
Blank
Thank you! Tumor tests were negative. Waiting in results of small nerve fiber biopsy to explore autonomic neuropathy. Thanks again for your feedback!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank