POTS/Syncope
I would appreciate any answers you can give me,
When I was younger (2nd grade) I passed out at school, I was standing outside at a flag ceremony and I felt uneasy and quickly blacked out and lost control of my bladder. My mom was a little worried, but didn't think that passing out was a big deal, because it happens to people. However, I switched to catholic school (3rd grade) soon after that and attended mass every Thursday and every Thursday I would pass out. I remember seeing a type of colorful 'white noise' from like a TV screen before fainting, I would very often miss that Friday because I would be so so tired from blacking out. I started seeing a cardiologist who diagnosed me with Neuro/Cardiogenic Syncope and was put on Fludrocortisone. After 5th grade my symptoms had lessened and I seem to have been doing just fine. I took myself off of the medication and discontinued seeing my doctor. I had very few episodes up until Senior year. This time it seemed like it came back with a vengeance. Black Friday shopping with my mom was horrible, I was at Menards and I remember standing in line and I could NOT stop staring I heard my mom vaguely calling my name, my heart started pounding super hard and super fast and I felt so so sick and just fell. I passed out again and cried pretty much all day because of my major head ache and constant feeling of nausea. I passed out 2 more times that week. Finally getting over that I thought I was over it, I began seeing my cardiologist again and was put back on my medicine, but it was different this time! My heart never has raced like that before! I was so scared, so I researched for myself, and I came across POTS and I fit every symptom. I asked him about it, and he told me that was not what this is. I have never had a tilt table test and he refuses to give me one. Its now Feb. and I passed out at work and at home this week! Both times the same thing, MAJOR headache, nausea, rapid heartbeat and blurry vision. Only this time, I shook violently upon waking up and dry heaved as I was shaking, and again staring uncontrollably. My 'syncope' never felt like this does and it's scaring me and preventing me from doing a lot. I can barely walk up stairs without losing my breath and have my heart throb, I have a life and I feel like I'm slowly becoming deconditioned.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Have you ever had any autonomic testing done? Because there are a lot of diseases with similar symptoms to POTS.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
No,
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
You should talk to your doctor and insist on having autonomic testing done. I know how frustrating it all is. I'm having a hard time too. I can't even take a shower standing up.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Me neither! And when I did bring it up, e swore up and down that this (POTS) is not what it was.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community Resources