POTS and diet
I was diagnosed with POTS 4 years ago.  It is a daily struggle but with meds and accupuncture I have been doing fairly well.  My issue is diet.  Does anybody have a diet that can be followed to lose weight?  I have been gaining weight as each year goes by and I am miserable.  I cannot exercise like I used to and I only feel better when I eat carbs.  I know that is very unusual for POTS sufferers.  I used to strictly eat high protein before and my weight was fine.  I need some guidance if someone can help!!!
Know that some medication can make you put on the pounds, so I hope you are not taking one of those types amongst your meds!  I've been on that sort before.  I lost weight after the last one like that by going off the medication.  

I'm surprised acupuncture is helping your P.O.T.S.- while it was helpful for my migraines, etc., it seemed to make my P.O.T.S. symptoms worse and I thought it might lower blood pressure!

Balance is the key in diet.  Your body still needs protein.   Each meal should have different elements for sustained energy levels.

First your body utilizes simple sugar (such as fruit's natural sugar) for energy.  Then the carbs break down and your body utilizes that for energy.  Then the proteins you ate are broken down to where your body utilizes those for energy.  And finally, the fat is broken down to where your body utilizes that for energy.  By eating largely carbs, I think you are setting yourself up for energy crashes, poor glycemic control, and feeling hungry a lot because of the lack of balance.

If you have trouble with it being hard on your heart digesting protein, I wonder if soaking your meat in buttermilk overnight (a meat tenderizer) might help anything?  What about taking digestive enzymes (check with a nutritionist)?  What about eating small portions of the protein more frequently than the carbs, but not making those portion eating times so close together that it makes it harder on your heart.  

Have you tried eating a couple tablespoons of nuts rich in omega fatty acids before you eat anything else in a meal (heard it's supposed to help curb appetite to eat nuts first)?  Pistachios, for example, are supposed to actually help raise your good cholesterol level!  Almonds, walnuts, and macadamias are also sources of omega fatty acids.

Also, consider getting  a recumbant bike for exercise and building up slowly in exercise.  And setting up an appointment with a knowledgeable registered dietician might yield some great tips!