Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
POTS with Hidradenitis Suppurativa
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

POTS with Hidradenitis Suppurativa

I have had POTS for many years and also Hidradenitis Suppurativa for about 12 years.  I am just wondering if anyone else that has any form of Dysautonomia has HS also.  Both are so frustrating(to say the least).  I can't help but to think that they have to be related in some way.  Both my POTS and HS are believed to be genetic.  Any help or comments would be GREATLY appreciated.
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
875426_tn?1325532016
I don't have that disturbing skin condition (have P.O.T.S., IC, migraines, IBS, IST), but I looked up hidradenitis suppurativa and saw on Mayo Clinic's website that sometimes it is associated with Grave's disease and Crohn's... have you had free T 3 and T 4 tests about your thyroid function ever?  It can cause a rapid heart rate when a person has Grave's disease (hyperthyroidism), though I don't believe it's limited to the upright position.
Blank
1649405_tn?1366260626
I have had my TSH and T4 checked.  I was told that I actually have  an underactive thyroid and was put on synthroid.  I don't know much about Grave's disease but I believe that it is the opposite of underactive thyroid?
Blank
875426_tn?1325532016
Yes, those with Grave's have a hyperactive thyroid.  Are they monitoring you regularly for your thyroid condition?  Have you ever tried witch hazel astringent?

I am a fellow P.O.T.S. sufferer- diagnosed nearly 8 years ago.  I was told about the hereditary factor by the dr. who diagnosed me and I later learned I have a second cousin who also has it.
Blank
I have the same diseases as you. I have Hashimoto's and also POTS. Started having the skin disease in late teens every now and then with period, but now in menopause it is flaring up again. It is very frustrating that there is few ways to control it.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank