Pheochromocytoma
Would anyone know where we can have a plasma metanephrine test done? St. Luke's QC has it but their running time is not until the end of the month. We'd like to have it done the soonest possible time to complete my sister-in-law's screening. Thanks
I see you are in the Philippines.  I don't know where there- do they mail things to Mayo Clinic in the U.S.A. there?  I got my plasma free metanephrines fasting blood test in California at Kaiser Permanente, a health maintenance organization for members.  But I live in another state now and generally, special tests often are sent out to Mayo Clinic. That particular test is done with a purple topped tube and put on ice right away.
Thanks. She is actually just vacationing here and was admitted in the hospital due to high blood pressure. She lives in Northridge, California. The doctor did not give her clearance to fly back to the US. What other tests did you have to do for your condition? She was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, her BP ranges from 180/110 then would drop down to 90/40. She is warm most of the time and has tremors. She would complain of tingling sensation on her face too.
I had a lot of endocrine hormone tests after a prolactin level came back high and a dynamically done pituitary MRI with and without contrast revealed a pituitary tumor.  Since she has hyperthyroidism, did they rule out a pituitary tumor as the cause?  Did they look for nodules on the thyroid gland?  Wow, that is a big swing in blood pressure!

I think a neurologist should look her over with tremors and face tingling.  They may want to order a brain MRI, an EEG, and do a physical neurological exam.

Did they give her something that dropped her blood pressure that low or did it do it without medication?