Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome? Or is it Something else?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

As habit, I stretch before I go to bed. Sometimes, nothing really happens, but most of the time something does. Right after stretching, my legs feel weak and I controllably crumble to the bed where I start to feel real dizzy and light headed, sometimes with a tingle sensation in my lips, my whole head, or mt whole body. As that is happening, I am aware, but my vision and hearing is blurred/muffled, and I notice and feel myself shaking back and forth unwillingly. After about 5-20 seconds, it stops with a lingering relaxed and warming sensation. This also happens sometimes if I suddenly move quickly.
I've had this for a few years now and it has caused me to faint once and almost faint numerous times, until I was able to control, for the most part, how my body fell and where it landed. This only started happening after I suddenly went off my anti-depressant, Venlafaxine, which at the time, I've been on for 5 years. I went back on it again after a few months because the dizzy symptom scared me. Only, after being on it for a while after that, these 'dizzy spells' never went away. So my doctor prescribed me to wean myself fully onto Prozac. It did nothing for the dizziness, but helped many other unrelated problems. I think that Venlafaxine did something to my brain to cause me to have symptoms of POTS.
If you think it something else, or have any advise or anything to tell, please do. =)
I have not really been to any doctors about this or had any tests done.
Anyone?
Hi, I am sorry ur having these problems. I don't have any answers just advice. First of all I would not do the stretching that seems to set off your symptoms until you see a Dr. That is my next suggestion is to go to a Dr and tell them this if you already haven't. You also could speak to a pharmacy and see if that med has had that effect reported.
Beema