Questions regarding dysautonomia workup
Hello.  I am very interested and would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been seen at the University of Toledo by Dr. Grubb and staff, or actually at any facility, for an initial autonomic workup.   I have an appointment coming up, but I live two hours away, and it is very difficult for me to drive more than a few miles without becoming very symptomatic.  I am wondering how many appointments are involved in the testing, mainly whether they can be done in a few visits, or whether there are many separate visits involved and approximately how many; also difficulty of all the testing.  I know the tilt table test is not pleasant.   I know it is certainly worth going through, as I have read here of many peoples' success stories in feeling better and achieving a better quality of life.   Was anyone able to follow up with any of the tests closer to their hometown?   Any info appreciated.  Take care all -  
Is there someone who can drive you to and from the appointments with Dr. Grubb's office? They will do their best to evaluate you in the least number of appointments possible; most likely it will only be 1-2 appointments to do all the diagnostic stuff. But you will need to follow up with them every 6 months to 1 year for treatment. In between that, your local doctors can manage the treatment.

For those initial diagnostic appointment(s), it really would be ideal if you have someone else drive you so if you're feeling crummy afterward you aren't stuck. You are very lucky to get in to see Grubb. He is very well liked by his patients.