Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
Troot12

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

Troot12

Hello everyone,
I am new here.. New to the world of pots.
I was diagnosed just a couple of days ago.
While researching it I came across a very moving post (below) from a rugby player "troot12". His post was from 2 years ago.
Does anyone know what happened to him and if he is ok?
Thank you
I don't know what happened to Troot, but sent a message to them- I don't know if they will respond.  A lot of people come and go on this site.

Welcome!  Let me know if I can try to help?  

There are definitely a number of old posts here available to comb through!
Hello! Nice to meet you!
Thank you so much for replying
In the many hours I have spent combing forums to learn about pots I see that a lot of posts are a few years old. It's be great if role came back and posted now to say how they are and how their treatment worked over the last few years.
I also want to add that I'm so glad I found this site.. It seems so much more positive than other places I stumbled across..
I hope that for at least some, they dropped off because they were able to find ways to cope with the disability successfully and just didn't feel the need to come back.  It is kind of sad when some who used to be regulars here disappear, but perhaps they will come back.

I still look in here every once and awhile.  My son has POTS, diagnosed in 2009 and MCAS this year.  He has gotten progressively worse and this has been his worst year yet.

The most helpful medication he has taken to date is doxepin.  It was really effective in 2010 but not as much any more.  He is worse when completely off of it, so it still helps to some degree.

POTS varies is symptoms and severity.  Some go through ups and downs and some it may completely go away. I hope yours might just be a bump in the road for you.

Christy
I am 28 and wondering if I have this.. I want to get tested...I have had so many issues since 2008. I pass out when I stand sometimes, my feet turn purple when I stand for long period. Mornings when I get out of bed are rough, my heart feels like its going to explode. Always exhausted. My muscles hurt so bad. Does this sound like any of you all? thanks, Kristin