breathing
can you discribe to me how shortness of breath can be caused by ans dysfuction.  i have copd due to a chemical inhalation of toxic chemicals. however, with the change in weather, i am noticing sob on doing nothing really. sometimes it lasts for hours, sometimes 10-15 minutes. is this part copd or ans. and can i control it.  i have an allergic reaction to all inhalers.  if there is another, i have not tried, new one, please let me know. otherwise i really have no option of control.? what are my options?
I too have shortness of breath mostly with exertion but more recently can happen spontaneously.
When I attempted to have a stress test; I could not do it. I was so short of breath ( there was no incline) I couldn't even talk. My neurologist explained to me that it had nothing to do with heart or lung function. It was the disruption in the circulation due to the dysautohomia. The blood wasn't getting to the lungs, no blood, no oxygen thus the shortnes of breath.
I have "allergic" reactions" to inhalers also; going into a bronchospasm. My neurologist said these are actually cholenergic responses to the medication.
I have many "allergies; and require IV steroids and Benadryl before receiving meds. I have a Hickman catheter and since the dysautonomia has affected my GI tract and since I am a former Oncology nurse administering the medications isn't a problem for me .
If you don't mind me asking, what initially caused your autonomic dysfunction.  I have progressive MS and require a pacemaker for my rate drops, but I also get short of breath.
I have this shortness of breath and I do notice is is bad on humid days but even when im inside.  It isnt my lungs either,  It feels like my heart isnt getting enough oxygen is the best way I can describe it it is scary.  What kind of chemicals do you inhaul??  I have heard of an alternative treatments Ill have to get back to you on that.
My dysautonomia cannot be traced to anything. When medical people don't know the reason it is called idiopathic.
It is often related to a recent virus or illness or associated with an autoimmune disease/
The Docs have often wondered if it was caused by my contact with chemotherapy drugs; I was an Oncology Nurse. I also did Pentamadine treatments for patients with aids before they ruled that the treatments had to done in a special ventilated room.Who knows?
Regardless of the cause; it is difficult to have your life turned upside down isn't it?