Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
dysautonomia

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

dysautonomia

Where is the best place to go for treatment of dysautonomia?
Thank you
I liked the Cleveland Clinic in Ohio.

Jane
We had a good experience with Case Western University Hospital in Cleveland.   Only good things to say about them.

Christy
Hello Anyone

I am 36 years old,I have always been a healthy person,I have been working out at the gym, since may 2009 until february 2010,I had been taking a supplement called NOXplode and all of a sudden on monday February the day after the superbowl I felt horrible didn't know what I had and went to an electrophysiolgist and told me that I had Dysautonomic Syndrome,I was traeted and got rid of it in 2 months and on July I started feeling the same way as if you were going to faint but you don't and it's really scary since then I have been able to drive I have been under treatment again since july until now and I still have it,How long will it take to go away,I have been living in hell it feels horrible,I sort of see lights specially when looking at white walls or bright lights,I ahve been doing a wall stance exercise twice a week for my blood circulation,But I am desperate I have to hire a driver to take me to work,Could someone HELP me or TELL me when will this nightmare go away,I have never drunk,smoked,let alone taking any drugs,Relatives get on my case telling me that it is Psychological that all is in my head, I am positve that this isn't psychological,I am taking a quarter of pill of Telmisartan in the morning and at night 40mg each pill.Bisoprolol a quarter at night of 1.25mg and a quarter of escitalopram 10mg at night too. since July 2010.Friends of mine have told me that I should be Hypnotized or take homeopathy to get rid of this "disease".So If anyone of you could PLEASE help me or let me know how and when would I get rid of this FOREVER. THANKS
Hi and welcome!

the best place to go for treatment of dysautonomia would generally depend on your location and possibly circumstances.  Take a look at the following link, this gives you contact details for doctors in various locations:

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Neurological-Disorders/Dysautonomia-Specialists/show/717?cid=196

x

I am sorry to hear that you are going through this.

There are people here who can give you support.  If you re-post your post above as a thread (if you hit the 'post a question' box at he top left hand of this page, it takes you to a page where you can post your own thread) more people will see what you are asking and hopefully respond.

Please feel free to private message me if you wish.

I feel your anguish, it is hard to deal with a condition like this, especially when understanding of it is limited.  Dysautonomia is not a pschological issue and unfortuantely many people suffer like you because symptoms can be overlooked as anxiety etc.

What testing have you had done?