Aa
A
A
Close
886699 tn?1270783344
hormone replacement and POTS
The Dr recommended that I start on hormone replacement therapy, I had a hysterectomy five years ago, so I might be needing it. Is anyone on this therapy??  Can anyone comment on this??? How would it affect my POTS??
Thank you
Maritza
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1272082 tn?1343107140
If you use the compounded form in the natural state, it is beneficial.  The regular RX's have tons of side effects.  The compounded creams that you use trans-dermal bypasses the liver and your body recognizes it as not as foreign to you.  There are 3 types of estrogen.  If you can get by with only estriol you avoid even more issues.  This one actually helps prevent cancer (according to research I've done on it).  It also helps with vaginal dryness and atrophy.  If you don't have your ovaries, they say you don't need the progrestrone.  I'm on the fence with that one.  Because if you have excess estrogens (like in fat)  you need to balance out that level with progestrone.  I've found that progestrone gives me hot flashes though.  When I went to Mayo, they encouraged me to use Red Clover.  That has helped with my hot flashes soooooo much.  I feel lots better.  Now, I don't use the hormone creams as much since I've added that.  I had a complete hysterectomy at a yound age too.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank