Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
hormone replacement and POTS

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

hormone replacement and POTS

The Dr recommended that I start on hormone replacement therapy, I had a hysterectomy five years ago, so I might be needing it. Is anyone on this therapy??  Can anyone comment on this??? How would it affect my POTS??
Thank you
Maritza
If you use the compounded form in the natural state, it is beneficial.  The regular RX's have tons of side effects.  The compounded creams that you use trans-dermal bypasses the liver and your body recognizes it as not as foreign to you.  There are 3 types of estrogen.  If you can get by with only estriol you avoid even more issues.  This one actually helps prevent cancer (according to research I've done on it).  It also helps with vaginal dryness and atrophy.  If you don't have your ovaries, they say you don't need the progrestrone.  I'm on the fence with that one.  Because if you have excess estrogens (like in fat)  you need to balance out that level with progestrone.  I've found that progestrone gives me hot flashes though.  When I went to Mayo, they encouraged me to use Red Clover.  That has helped with my hot flashes soooooo much.  I feel lots better.  Now, I don't use the hormone creams as much since I've added that.  I had a complete hysterectomy at a yound age too.