looking for help
Hi,  I've been waking up in the middle of the night with parasthesias all over my body.  They go away after I am moving around for a while.    I have anemia, and I have orthostatic hypotension.  I'm 30 and this stuff started to happen when I dropped out of grad school and had a period of homelessness a few years ago.    I have an intolerance to gluten and. Whenever I get stressed it gets worse and I have bad diarrhea and start losing sensations all over my body.   I've had periods where I couldn't eat vegetables because my nervous system in my stomach wouldn't pass the fiber into my small intestine and I got horribly sick from it.  

I don't know what I have and I don't know what I should b doing.  The doctors haven't been much help besides my GI saying that he thinks it's a "Autonomic nervous system disorder."  So here I am.

Any advice would be appreciated.  

Thank you

Aaron
Welcome!

What kind of anemia do you suffer from?   What labs are abnormal?  Have you seen a neurologist regarding the parasthesia or has the doctor told you it is due to the anemia?  

If you are suffering from orthostatic hypotension after having diarrhea, it is likely that you are dehydrated.

Have you considered making an appointment at a center/with a doctor where they specialize in dysautonomia?  Here's a list:
http://www.medhelp.org/tags/health_page/24603/Dysautonomia/Dysautonomia-Specialists?hp_id=717