low blood pressure
I am on nadolol and my blood pressure is extremely low.  I've clocked it with a home blood pressure guage at 74/48 yesterday morning and the highest it's been is 90/55.  My mom is freaking out, saying my organs could shut down and I am causing permanent damage.  Anyone know at which point I should go to my doctor or the hospital.  I feel faint most of the time but haven't fainted in two weeks.

I am newly diagnosed and have been suffering with severe symptoms for four months.  I believe I've had it in mild to moderate degrees possibly all my life.
The "official line" on low blood pressure is that in and of itself, it isn't a bad thing, per se.  Low blood pressure is a health problem when it is causing symptoms.  So at whatever level it starts causing you to have symptoms, that's what is too low for you.  It's probably a good idea to ask your doctor what warrants a trip to the ER and what doesn't, just for clarification, since each of us is different.  But generally, I think this is not considered an emergency.  

Keep records of your home BP readings and your correlating symptoms so your doctor can help you keep your BP up in a range where you have less symptoms.  One thing to look at is the difference between the top and bottom number of your blood pressure.  This is your "pulse pressure" and can be another important clue as to when you're having more symptoms or less symptoms.  

Also, was your blood pressure this low before you started the Nadolol?  Please ask your doctor about this, as a side effect of Nadolol can be the lowering of blood pressure; of course don't change your medication without talking to your doctor first.  

thanks a lot!  and yes, the nadolol has lowered my blood pressure even more than it already was.  any suggestions on salty foods/drinks?  I've never had much salt in my diet and now I'm trying to increase my salt.  thanks again.
V8 or canned soups
pickles and olives also have lots of salt.  pickles have the added advantage of not having a ton of calories too.  (V8, like Sue mentioned, is good in that department also.)

frozen dinners.  (if you want to watch your health in other ways and avoid other food additives, Amy's makes an excellent line of organic frozen dinners that is still quite salty...sold in the organic frozen section of the grocery store.)

soy sauce is LOADED with salt, so a little of that on your rice or veggies can really boost your salt intake.  
thanks for all the suggestions!