Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
midodrine side effects?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

midodrine side effects?

Has anyone here had worst headaches after taking Midodrine?  My blood pressure is finaly normal and the syncope episodes are gone but i have a headache on my forehead that wont go away even with over the counter meds.  My doctor says in time the headaches will go away.  I also seem to get a runny nose everytime i take the midodrine.  Just want to see if anyone has had similar expieriences.  I have only been on it for 2 weeks now and taking 2.5 mg in the morning and late afternoon.
Hi There,
I haven't had the headache but I have had a kind of tingling in my head...that's the only way I can describe it.  I just started it but I am so encouraged to hear that it has resolved your syncope!  Do you mind if I ask what your BP is now and where it started?  And what your diagnosis is?  

If your doc says the headaches will go away, I hope that's the case :)
Stephanie
Are you on fludrocortisone (florinef) as well?
I have multi-symptom Disautonomia so I am on multiple drugs

Fluticasone Propionate- Nasal spray for my allergies, been on it for like two years, I have no side effects from it, it's basicly a nasal steroid to prevent allergies.

Inderal- 20mg 2X a day- A beta blocker with a med to suppress migrains, I get them in the back of my head.  I have been on it for a year.  Atenolol did not seem to help me.

Ativan- Taken as needed usually take during a Vassal Vagal Syncope Episode.  I have been on this for a year.

Midodrine- Just started it 3 weeks ago.  Since then I have had a runny nose for 3 weeks and headaches in the front of my head that I never had before.

Dicyclomine- Taken as needed usually take during Vassal Vagal Syncope Episode.  It helps with the abdominal spasms.  Been on this for 6 months on and off.

Doxycycline- Take two a day.  A LLMD put me on it to see if it may be a flairup of the Lyme Disease again.  

Vitamine D- 1 a day to help with the muscle spasms and over-all unwell feeling

Vitamine B-12- 1 a day for nervous system health

Vitamine C Shot-  Got one 4 weeks ago for the fatique