spinal tap?
Ugh...fine I have to have the spinal tap February 10th.  It is part of my new years resolution...to get it over with.  Not part of my top things to do before I die, but before my doctor drops me for not complying with procedures.  Found out there really is such a thing after being threatened with it.  :) I have put it off for months.  Anyhow, everyone says caffeine helps afterwards, but I can't have caffeine, it causes me to black out.  And on top of it I talked to the tech doing the procedure and he tells me he does this all the time, but he is a nurse practitioner or something like that...not a doctor.  I'm sure I'm being a baby.  Does this matter?  Please no scary stories!!  I know there is a chance at one of those awful headaches, which cause me to go into autonomic crisis, so that is the only thing scarying me....besides the needle situation.  I pray that I am one of the lucky 70% that don't get the pain afterwards.  Also because I can't take medication, the only thing I can take is a small amount of tylenol and children's ibuprofen.  Do these spinal taps show anything in the fluid that has to do with autonomic neuropathy or dysautonomia?  For me they are testing everything, but mostly to make sure that the fungal infection that was in my lungs did not go to my spine. Valley fever....it's not my friend. I was treated for it, and hopefully it, like Elvis...has left the building.  Ok, feed back would be great....no scary stories. I know it's tempting...but no no.  haha.  I make jokes when I'm extremely nervous.  Sorry so kitschy.  
Health and hugs to all
Tkimber
Tkimber, U will do fine. When I was still working I assisted with lots of these. They aren't as bad as u think. I am sure a nurse practioner will be ok. Just follow post procedure orders. Lay as much as possible after and drink a lot. That way u should avoid the headache. Also if ur going to be awake during procedure relax and hold very still. My 15 yr old granddaughter has one tomorrow and she's not going to have sedation. It's better not to.
I am not sure if they see anything regarding dysautonomia or autonomic neuropathy my guess is not.
U will do fine I know. When do u have it?
Beema
Oh Duh! I see u have it Feb 10. Guess my minds slow. Good luck and don't stress over it.:)
It was not bad at all. Just do what they tell you and no headache!
Okay, thank you thank you Beema36 and Jonesnc! That makes me feel better...I have it next Thursday. I can't wait to get it over.  I didn't know people sedated themselves.  I can't take meds anyhow.  Wish I could!
I understand about med sensitivity. I have some real problems and like u have to use Tylenol for pain which in my case doesn't touch the pain.
Yes Beema, Tylenol doesn't do much of anything.  That's all I was able to use after two thyroid surgeries a year ago! Wow, that was a test!! But it was better than nothing.  I feel bad for you, but at least I know I'm not the only one.  May I ask...what type of dysautonomia do you have?