Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) Community
summertime blues

This patient support community is for discussions relating to Dysautonomia (Autonomic Dysfunction) including: Postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), neurocardiogenic syncope, mitral valve prolapse dysautonomia, pure autonomic failure, autonomic instability and others.

summertime blues

i have been having terrrible problems with swelling in my arms and hands with pain.  i seem to always feel bad with changes of weather but especially from winter to summer (terrrible).  i told my family it seemed like this year was earlier and worse but then realized that i posted a similar question in march of 2011.  i notice that most have problems with lower extremities (i swell in my feet also) but i seem to be bothered more in my hands, arms, neck and shoulders.  my doctor keeps telling me to exercise but it makes me feel so bad.  i actually end up in bed which seems so counter productive.  any suggestions or similar problems?
Have the ruled out autoimmune problems?  Done an echocardiogram to rule out congestive heart failure?  Looked at your kidney function?  Sent you to an allergist?
i have had allergy test and echo along with many more tests.  i see a specialists for POTS every 6 months and they do EKG and blood work everytime i go.  my doctor tells me that i probably am not hydrating enough during the change in weather and that i need to exercise reg. i probably don't drink enough and exercise is hard.  i think i am going to try a recumbent bike and push, push, push the fluids and see if it helps.
Let me know if it does help?